Events ACT, through the Event Development Unit aim to achieve the following through the delivery of an ongoing series of event workshops:
- Enhanced opportunities for stakeholders to engage with ACT Government staff on sector specific subject matter.
- Development of lasting sector-based relationships for future event planning and collaboration.
- Continued provision of event related education and knowledge sharing opportunities to enhance the capacity and sustainability of the local events sector.
Previous workshops delivered for the local events and festivals sector include:
- Marketing Workshop, delivered by Josie Khng from contentgroup, covering Event Marketing Essentials.
- Event Sponsorship Essentials Workshop, presented by Kim Skildum-Reid, a leading national and international sponsorship expert, helped enhance Canberra’s events and festivals sector in the areas of sponsorship acquisition and servicing. An extensive resource kit on sponsorship fundamentals is available here.