PlayUP is the Museum of Australian Democracy's imaginative family space with activities to educate, excite and challenge young minds.
With listening pods and a roleplay Kindness Café, a fuzzy felt wall and facilitated craft activities, PlayUP has a range of exciting and immersive experiences that flip the traditional idea of museums completely on its head.
Free 2 hour sessions are facilitated everyday at 10am with additional afternoon sessions only on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2pm. Craft topics change weekly. Bookings are essential via the MoAD website.
This is a free event.
Actively welcomes people with access needs.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- The event organiser has provided an access and inclusion statement.