Behind the Lines presents the best political cartoons from 2020, including digital cartoons for the first time. With the fitting theme, ‘A dog’s breakfast’, the exhibition helps us make sense of ‘what the pup’ happened in 2020.
From the bushfire summer to the global pandemic, the nation’s political cartoonists had plenty to work with, with Hawaiian shirts and burnt trees giving way to masks and spiky balls.
Smirk, laugh or grimace at 2020 through the eyes of a political cartoonist - when have we needed our cartoonists so much? Don’t miss it.
This is a free event.
Actively welcomes people with access needs.
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- The event organiser has provided an access and inclusion statement.