The ACT Government’s ongoing efforts to deliver, fund and support a quality calendar of events each year acknowledges the significant economic, social and community benefits provided by the events sector.
Events bring life, colour, and vitality to the Canberra region, while building a strong sense of community pride and helping to shape Canberra’s identity. Importantly, they also generate tourist visitation, which positively impacts the ACT economy.
The role of Events ACT
Events ACT is recognised as the lead agency for the development and delivery of major events in Canberra.
Events ACT is responsible for:
- Planning, marketing, and delivering a quality suite of events for the city, which provide strategic economic, community and social benefits. This event portfolio includes:
- Floriade NightFest
- The Enlighten Festival
- The Canberra Balloon Spectacular
- The Canberra Nara Candle Festival
- Reconciliation Day
- Windows to the World
- A new major winter event
- Celebrations held in conjunction with Canberra Day, Australia Day and New Year’s Eve.
- Providing leadership on event-related matters to the ACT Government and to the festivals and events sector, including new major event opportunities and event attraction.
- Contributing to the development of the ACT’s festivals and events sector, including the management of funding opportunities and the provision of strategic planning support, advice, and capacity building initiatives.
For more information, please contact Events ACT on (02) 6205 0666 or via email at [email protected].
Access Canberra can assist with the event approvals required for your event. Enquiries can be made online or by phoning the Access Canberra, Event & Business Coordination Team on 02 6205 4400 or alternatively by emailing [email protected].
More information can be found on the Access Canberra website.
COVID Safe Event Planning
A COVID Safe Event Protocol has been developed to assist with returning events to the ACT, which provides guidance to event organisers to ensure that their event is COVID Safe.