Event Coordination Guide
The ACT Government offers a range of advice and support to event organisers and promoters to make their events safe and successful. The Access Canberra Event Coordination Guide is a great tool to assist you with the event planning and approval process within the ACT.
Inquiries about the approval process can be made online or by phoning the Access Canberra, Event Coordination & Business Assist Team on (02) 6205 4400 or alternatively by emailing [email protected].
Event Planning Toolkit Resources
The following resources have largely been prepared by the team at rEVENTS Academy. These templates, guidelines and checklists can help you develop a great foundation from which to further build on your event delivery processes and event experience.
These are generic templates to provide you with a starting point for your event management and delivery. Please change them as needed to meet your event’s specific requirements.
- Event Budget Template - Updated with user guide
- Site Plan Template
- Event Management Plan Template
- Event Management Planning Quick Checklist
- Emergency Management Plan Template
- Risk Management Plan Template
- Event Sponsorship Guide
- Sponsorship Prospectus and Agreement Templates
- Sponsorship Tracker
- Sponsorship Tracker How To Guide
- Event Delivery Run Sheet Template
The information contained in these documents is intended as advice and does not remove the responsibility of event organisers to ensure all obligations under legislation are adhered to.
- Creating Content for Events
- Helpful Websites for Events
- Marketing Action Plan Template
- Website and Social Media Marketing Checklist for Events
- Advertising Prospectus
The Advertising Prospectus information is only intended as an option for organisations wishing to elevate their event promotion via additional paid channels.
Sustainable Event Program
Sign up to the Sustainable Event Program to make your event sustainable and climate friendly. The program provides free access to advice, signage, and equipment.
The program can help you:
- reduce waste and increase recycling
- reduce energy and water use
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- educate and raise awareness of sustainability issues with event visitors.
Public events of any size held in the ACT can be part of the program. This includes school fetes, community fairs, major music festivals, sporting events and more.
For more information and to sign up to the program visit the Everyday Climate Choices website.