The ACT Event Fund plays an active role in stimulating and fostering positive economic, social, and community outcomes for the Canberra region through the events sector.
It assists eligible applicants to further develop, market, and promote their events, while also supporting a diverse, high-quality calendar of events each year.
Within that context, the objectives of the ACT Event Fund are:
- To facilitate a vibrant, innovative and inclusive events culture within the ACT.
- To help develop a diverse, year-round events calendar.
- To encourage the development of tourism in the ACT and increase economic activity in the Canberra region.
- To encourage the involvement of the local community in events (e.g. event organisers, event participants/attendees, artists/performers, sponsors/partners, community groups, volunteers and local business).
- To facilitate community event activity within Canberra’s town centres and suburbs.
- To utilise, activate and enliven community assets, precincts and spaces.
- To provide support to viable events that are of high quality, well planned and well managed.
The City Renewal Authority (CRA) also operates a City Grants program for individuals, groups or organisations that have great ideas for the city’s public spaces in Civic, Braddon and Acton – including art activities, events, installations and more. For additional information on the City Grants program please click here.
Information on other ACT Government funding opportunities can be found at grants.act.gov.au.